Thursday, July 15, 2010

Blueberry Scones

Can you see that I'm on a bit of a blueberry kick? Blueberries have been so affordable recently that I always seem to have a fridge full of them to use.

Every recipe that I looked up last Saturday morning required ingredients that I was out of. (Even though they were "normal" ingredients like sour cream, heavy cream or buttermilk). I used the proportions I found on multiple recipes to come up with this delicious recipe.

They are not extremely sweet - they would be perfectly complemented by a simple glaze. I used the leftover blueberry syrup/sauce from last week. It was a wonderful combination!



BLUEBERRY SCONES

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 cup butter, chilled & cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 cup fresh blueberries
6oz container of vanilla yogurt
1 egg

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F

In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the flour, sugar & baking powder. Add butter cubes, and pulse 8-12 times until the mixture becomes crumbled.

Add yogurt & egg, and pulse until just combined. Gently mix in blueberries in as few strokes as possible.

Divide dough in half. On lightly floured surface, shape each half into a 6-inch circle. Cut into 6 wedges.

Bake on ungreased sheet about 15-20 minutes. Serve warm!!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment