Friday, April 15, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn

After an almost 1 month (oh my!) hiatus, I'm finally on to the third popcorn in my buffet. This was another sweet popcorn - very sweet, and used one of my favorite flavor combinations - peanut butter with chocolate! Yum! Personally, I think it's better than a peanut butter cup!

I recently had a wonderful, relaxing vacation (where I learned how to make some amazing, refreshing drinks - I'll try to share them this summer when it warms up here!) As I'm now refreshed & rejuvenated, I'm hoping to get back to more consistent blogging. I miss all of my baking! (And the nurses are asking what I plan on baking next - I think it's a hint!)



CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER POPCORN (Adapted from One Ordinary Day)

10-12 cups popped popcorn
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter (I used creamy)
2 pinches of salt

chocolate chips for drizzling

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Stir corn syrup and sugar together in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for one minute. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Be careful - this is hot! Pour mixture over popcorn and stir to coat. Pour popcorn onto baking sheet and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes. Spoon popcorn onto wire rack covered with waxed paper or parchment paper. Allow to cool completely. Melt chocolate chips in microwave, being careful not to scorch. Drizzle over popcorn and allow to set. Break popcorn into pieces. Store in airtight container.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment