Thursday, August 25, 2011

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Strawberry spinach salads are a common spring & summer salad. I love the combination. However, I've never had them with a strawberry dressing, let alone make one to eat with the salad. I served this with our Easter dinner (I'm only 4 months late in posting this!), and it was a wonderful, light start to the meal! We added feta cheese to the salad, and I think some nuts would add some wonderful texture (we were out, or I would have added some.) I can't wait to enjoy this more often!



STRAWBERRY DRESSING (Adapted from Annie's Eats)
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. champagne
1 tbsp. sugar
Pinch of salt

In a blender or food processor, combine the strawberries, vinegar, champagne, sugar and salt. Process until the mixture is well combined and completely smooth. Transfer to an airtight bottle or container and refrigerate until ready to use.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment