Sunday, March 7, 2010

Snickerdoodles

Mmmmm... These are one of my all time favorite cookies. And, while I may be a bit partial as I've grown up with this recipe, this is probably the best recipe for snickerdoodles I've run across. They are always light & fluffy - almost cake-like, and perfectly domed in shape. They are just sweet enough to (almost) satisfy my sweet-tooth, but not so sweet that my healthy husband won't eat them. They are a great with my morning coffee. And, yes, as a physician, I am admitting that I DO occasionally eat cookies for breakfast - they are so easy to eat on the T while I'm sipping my morning coffee from my spill free mug.



SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES

Dough:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Topping:
4 tbsp sugar
4 tsp cinnamon

In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Blend in vanilla and eggs. Mix in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt into creamed mixture.

Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in topping mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until set.

Remove from cookie sheets immediately.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment