Thursday, January 13, 2011

Egg Drop Soup

Wow, I've been slacking on my updates this month! I need to get into gear! (I've been making Green Monster Smoothies almost daily, but they aren't the most appetizing to look at. While I enjoy the taste, and the satisfying breakfast, I haven't tried photographing it yet.)

Lately my husband & I have been craving Chinese food. We hate to order take-out too often, so we often eat the Trader Joe's meals (we love the Orange Chicken!) To supplement the main meal, we've been making egg drop soup. It's so easy to make! It reminds me of my early years of eating Chinese as a child - all I'd eat is crab rangoons & egg drop soup! (or sweet & sour chicken - with the sauce on the side - I was a picky eater!)

The soup pictured below is courtesy of my husband, who cooked for me tonight!



EGG DROP SOUP

2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 egg
1 egg white
ginger powder
green onions

Heat 1 1/2 - 2 cups of broth to boiling on the stove. Add a dash of ginger.

Heat up the remaining broth in the microwave, and mix in the corn starch. Set aside.

Beat the egg and egg white in a bowl, with 1-2 tablespoons of water. Add the eggs to the boiling broth while stirring the broth on the stove. (After making a couple times, you'll be able to determine how fast you should stir to get the egg consistency you like). Add in the corn starch mixture.

Add green onions & serve.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious but pretty easy! And way cheaper than take out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love that stuff.

    http://fivetdsisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete