Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mini Corn Puddings

I made these mini corn puddings to accompany my Spicy Chili. While they were named "puddings" due to how moist they are, they are definitely still muffins. I enjoyed the texture & flavor of the muffins themselves, but to me, they have a bit too much whole corn kernels for them to become a staple in my recipe box. (And when I make them again, I'm sure I'll cut the corn down by about half). If you like lots of corn in your corn muffins, I think you'll love these!



MINI CORN PUDDINGS (Adapted from Martha Stewart)
Makes approx 12 mini muffins

Butter, room temperature, for pan
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 large egg white
3/4 cup sour cream
Approx 5 oz frozen corn kernels, thawed and patted dry

Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with rack in upper third. Butter 12 mini muffin cups; set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix in egg, sour cream, and corn. Mix just until incorporated (do not overmix).

Dividing evenly, spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Bake until tops have browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 10 to 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes in pan; turn out onto a cooling rack. Serve, or cool completely and store at room temperature in an airtight container, up to 2 days.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment