Friday, August 13, 2010

Blueberry Dutch Baby Pancake

After cupcakes, breakfast foods are definitely one of my favorite things to make. I could easily eat breakfast for any meal of the day. (This started at a young age with Chocolate Chip Pancakes at Perkins and Waffles with strawberries & whipped cream at home.)

I bought my cast iron pan 6 or so years ago, with intentions of making dutch babies. Can you believe that this was the first one I've made!?!? It was so incredibly easy to make - I'm sure I'll be making more now.




BLUEBERRY DUTCH BABY PANCAKE (Adapted from AllRecipes)

2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon sugar
1-2 tablespoons butter
Blueberries
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar for dusting


Place a 10 inch cast iron skillet inside oven and preheat oven to 475F.

In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until light. Add milk and stir. Gradually whisk in flour, nutmeg and sugar.

Remove skillet from oven and reduce oven heat to 425F. Melt butter in hot skillet so that inside of skillet is completely coated with butter. Pour all the batter in the skillet, and a handful of blueberries, and return skillet to oven.

Bake until puffed and lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Remove promptly and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment