Monday, August 23, 2010

Pesto & Parmesan Spaghetti Squash

I've been wanting to try spaghetti squash for awhile (I've never had it before!) While picking up some summer squash for grilling, I saw the spaghetti squash & decided to give it a try.

I'm not sure why my squash didn't have all of the strands that it's supposed to have (it really didn't look much like spaghetti), but it was a fairly easy side to prepare. We love pesto & often have it on hand, so I went with this recipe. If you like pesto, you'll enjoy this!



PESTO & PARMESAN SPAGHETTI SQUASH (From Bless Her Heart)

1 medium to large spaghetti squash (cooked)
1/4-1/3 cup pesto
1/3+ cup grated parmesan cheese

Once cooked squash is cool enough to touch, remove the seeds/waste from the center (if it hasn't already been removed). Use a fork to separate the the strands from the shell of the squash.

Toss the squash in a bowl with pesto and parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Preheat Broiler. Spread your squash mixture in a medium baking dish and sprinkle the top with a layer of parmesan cheese.

Place the dish in the broiler for about 10 minutes or until the cheese on top gets a little crispy and takes on a golden hue.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I came over from Tracy's post. It is funny that you posted a recipe for spaghetti squash because I cooked one just last week. My sister gave it to me without instructions. I had to go to Google to find a recipe. It is a very strange squash. We like it but I think I would like your recipe better.
    Thanks for the recipe.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks super easy and super delicious! Glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete