Friday, September 24, 2010

Peanut Butter Dog Treats

In honor of my adorable dog's 2nd birthday, I had to make a treat for him & share it on my blog. We just adopted him 5 months ago, but he quickly became a member of our family. He LOVES peanut butter (freezing some PB in his Kong will keep him entertained for hours), so I knew I had to find a peanut butter based recipe. I added more peanut butter to the recipe to give it a little more flavor, and since my dog wouldn't leave the kitchen while I was rolling out the treats, I knew it would be enough. And I was right - they are definitely a favorite treat for him! (Although, really, he loves anything that *might* be edible - he'll try it to find out!) Ideally, these would be made with a bone shaped cookie - I need to find one before my next batch!



Peanut Butter Dog Treats (Adapted from Bella's Bistro)

2/3 - 3/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup water
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup Oatmeal

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Combine ingredients in a large bowl. (I ended up using my hands to almost knead the dough together). Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut with a cookie cutter.

Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until just firm to touch. This will be highly variable on the size of the cookie cutter you use - mine was about 1 inch in diameter and took about 15 minutes.



I'm sure your dog will ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment