Monday, November 8, 2010

Jalapeno Popper dip

The last of the dips I made for Monday Night Football (with Pickle Wrap Dip and Buffalo Chicken Dip). I think this was my favorite! (But I LOVE peppers!) This tasted so much like the individual poppers, but was much easier to eat!

I only used about half of the bread crumb topping, so I would recommend cutting back. (There was still a layer about 1/2 inch deep across the top.) I also stirred the crumbs into the dip just before serving - it spread the crunchy breading throughout the dip.



JALAPENO POPPER DIP (Adapted from My Baking Addiction)

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
4 ounces canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained
1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese

1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an oven safe serving dish with non-stick cooking spray.

Using an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in green chilies, jalapeno peppers, and Mexican and mozzarella cheeses. Spoon this mixture into the prepared baking dish.

Mix together the Panko and parmesan cheese and sprinkle it over the cream cheese mixture.
Spray the Panko and parmesan with a quick spray of non-stick cooking spray.

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the topping is lightly browned.



ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment