Thursday, June 3, 2010

Buttermilk Pancakes

Finally another weekend off! I was able to sleep in & make a tasty breakfast. It's been awhile since I've made pancakes, and I had some left over buttermilk in the fridge from some cupcakes I made a week or 2 ago - Perfect opportunity to use it up! While they were good with syrup, I think I would have enjoyed them much more with a few chocolate chips on top, bringing me back to the days of eating chocolate chip pancakes for dinner whenever we went to Perkins to eat.



BUTTERMILK PANCAKES (Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook)
Makes 8-10 3inch pancakes

1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 beaten egg
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons canola oil

Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder & baking soda in a bowl. Make a well in the center, and set aside.

Combine the egg, buttermilk & oil. Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until combined (there will be small lumps remaining in the batter).

Pour or spread about 1/4 cup batter onto a 3 inch circle onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet (I use a large cast iron griddle on the stove, and need a medium to medium low setting on the gas).



Cook about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Turn to second side when pancakes have a bubbly surface & edges are slightly dry.

Serve immediately while warm.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment