Sunday, January 24, 2010

Valentine's Day Wreath

After taking down my Christmas wreath from our door, I thought I should make a Valentine's Wreath. As always, I was trying to stick to a budget, and managed to make the wreath below for $3. Yes, that's right, only $3. (Actually, less if you consider that I didn't use the entire piece of foam board and have left-over ribbon on the spools.) I bought pink & red organza ribbon - 25 yard spools for only $1 each, and the foam board was from Dollar Tree. If you want a little more control over the ribbon, you could buy wired ribbon.



STEP 1:
Cut out heart shape from foam board. I first cut it a half-heart out of paper, then traced it onto the foam board. Make the width approximately 1 inch.



STEP 2:
Cut ribbon into 12 inch pieces. I wrapped the ribbon around a ruler multiple times, then cut at each end as a quick way to cut the ribbons. Trip the ends into a V shape if you desire.

STEP 3:
Tie your first color of ribbon around the frame, just barely overlapping.



STEP 4:
Tie your second color of ribbon inbetween the other ribbons, so the entire frame is covered.



STEP 5:
Tie on a ribbon to hang your wreath

No comments:

Post a Comment